Dr. Uri Zilberman
School of Dental Medicine - Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Head of the Pediatic Dentistry Clinic
Fellow Researcher- Laboratory for Bio-Anthropology, School of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
PhD in Dental Sciences, School of Dental Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel.
Membership in Professional Organizations in Israel and Abroad
Israel Medical Association
Israel Pediatric Dentistry Association
International Association of Pediatric Dentistry
A total of 13 publications in medical journals in Israel and abroad have been published so far.
Development of a novel dental cap of similar color to that of the tooth for use in deciduous teeth.
- Keinan D, Smith P, Zilberman U : Microstructure and chemical composition of primary teeth in children with Down syndrome and cerebral palsy. Arch Oral Biol. 2006;51:836-843.
This article is the first of its kind in the world describing the differences between the teeth of children with CP and Down Syndrome and those of healthy children.
- Zilberman U, Skinner M, Smith P : Tooth components of mandibular deciduous molars of Homo sapiens sapiens and Homo sapiens neanderthalensis: A radiographic study. Am J Phys Anthrop. 1992;87:255-262.
This article is the first of its kind in the world describing the teeth of prehistoric man.
- Mass E, Zilberman U : Endodontic treatment of infected primary teeth, using Maisto's paste. J Dent Child. 1989;56:117-120.
- Zilberman U, Mass E, Sarnat H : Partial pulpotomy in carious permanent molars. Am J Dent. 1989;2:147-150.
- Zilberman U, Smith P, Sperber GH : Components of Australopithecine Teeth. A radiographic study. J Hum Evol. 1990;5:515-529.
- Mass E, Zilberman U : Clinical and radiographical evaluation of partial pulpotomy in carious exposure of permanent molars. Pediatr Dent. 1993;15: 257-259.
- Mass E, Zilberman U, : Partial pulpotomy: Another treatment option for cariously exposed permanent molars. J Dent Child. 1995;62: 342-345.
- Mass E, Zilberman U, Gadot N : Abnormal enamel and pulp dimensions in Familial Dysautonomy. J Dent Res. 1996;75:1747-1752.
- Zilberman U, Smith P, Alvesalo L : Crown components of molar teeth in 45,XO (Turner syndrome) females. Arch Oral Biol. 2000;45:217-225.
- Lustig JP, Yanko R, Zilberman U : Use of dental implants in patients with Down syndrome: a case report. Spec Care Dentist. 2002;22:201-204 (Case Report).
- Zilberman U, Smith P, Kupietzky A and Mass E : The effect of hereditary disorders on tooth components: a radiographic morphometric study of two syndromes. Arch Oral Biol. 2004;49:621-629.
- Zilberman U, Smith P, Piperno M and Condemi S : Evidence of amelogenesis imperfecta in an Early African Homo erectus. J Hum Evol. 2004;46:647-653.